Ness – Minimalist Personal Photomagazine Wordpress HD Theme
Ness is a modern minimalist personal photo magazine theme for WordPress that can be used on any niche. It is responsive, HD (retina-ready) and has unique features to ensure great readability. Full-screen image embeds with no shortcodes, parallax featured images, beautiful full-screen gallery post type that is touch-friendly (and portrait-image friendly too), which all leads to a wonderful user experience on all devices and screen sizes.
- Clean, ultra modern and dynamic design for a professional and engaging visitor experience
- Retina Ready (HD)
- RTL & WPML ready
- Comes with .mo/.po files for quick and easy translation. Spanish already translated.
- Integrated lightbox (can be turned on/off in theme options)
- Responsiveness can be turned on/off in theme options
- Touch-friendly sliders and user experience
- Author pages can add social network icons that link to author profile links
- Global featured image style override option from the theme options (Posts have an option inside them to ignore this override too for 100% control and easy setup)
- Logo, Retina logo and favicon upload options
- Code-editor for custom CSS option in theme options that shows if your code has errors automatically
- Option to turn off By Line completely, or just disable specific parts of the By Line (Author, Date and Category)
- XML file with demo content included
- Posts can have an advertising block appear at the end of the content (input box in theme options and also automatically executes shortcodes)
- Each Category has an option to add an advertising block in between the cover image and posts list
- Each Tag has an option to add an advertising block in between the cover image and posts list, see example here: Travelling Tag
- Footer can have one, two or three columns of widgets for advertising possibilities.
- Unique slide-in menu with option to show posts below. They can be random/most popular/latest, and the number of posts to be shown can be set too.
- Unique progress bar to show how much of the article is left, unique and encourages readers to read the entire article.
- Unique progress bar turns into a “Next/previous article” once a user finishes the article (reaches 100%)
- Two styles for navigation bar (dark/light)
- Optional Full-screen slider to show latest posts or specific posts using Category/tag filters. Also has option to select number of posts to show in slider.
- Offset Option is available when using the slider above posts for posts lists to not have duplicate posts appear on the same page.
- 3 Blog styles for homepages to show the latest posts:
- Infinite Scroll Options: All blog styles can use “Number pagination / Infinite Scroll / Infinite Scroll with Load More Button”.
- Post Format: Gallery. Beautiful full-screen gallery that is touch friendly and portrait-image friendly too, see demo here: Gallery Post Demo
- Post Format: Video (Able to embed YouTube / Vimeo / Kickstarter / Viddler videos) and appearing in a unique overlay of the featured image by the press of the play button (YouTube starts playing automatically when the play button is pressed, and paused if the X button is pressed)
- Post Format: External Audio(Able to embed any audio embed) and appearing in a unique overlay of the featured image
- Post Format: Self-hosted Audio (Able to upload your own .mp3/.ogg audio files) and appearing in a unique overlay of the featured image by the press of the play button (audio starts playing automatically when the play button is pressed)
- Full-screen image embeds with no need for shortcodes, see example here: Full-screen images throughout post
- Change the featured Image style: Parallax, full-screen, slideshow or off (so you can manually insert an image at the top of the post)
- Optional Byline at the end of every post with multiple options (different parts of it can be turned on/off)
- Social Network Share Block (Can be turned on/off in Theme Options panel)
- Unique Visitor Love Count with different icon options: Stars/Hearts/Lightning Bolt (Can be change and turned on/off in Theme Options panel)
- About The Author Box (Can be turned on/off in Theme Options panel)
- Next/Previous Posts Block (Can be turned on/off in Theme Options panel)
- Comments (Can be turned on/off in Theme Options panel)
- Each Category/Tag has the option to have set cover image to appear behind the main title
- Each Category/Tag has the option to have a different pagination style (Number pagination, infinite scroll, infinite scroll with load more button)
- Each Category/Tag has the option to have an advertising block appear in between the cover image and the posts lists
- Each Category has the option to use a different blog style (1 post per row, 2 posts per row or 3 posts per row)
- Featured Image Styles can also be used on pages (Parallax/full-screen/slideshow/off)
- Option to turn comments on/off
- Author pages can show social network icons that link to author’s social network profiles
- Ness Social Media Icons Widget
- Ness Latest Post Slider
- Ness Facebook Like Box Widget
- Ness Google+ Follow Badge Widget
- Ness Retina Image Widget
- Select column layout (1 column, 2 columns, 3 columns)
- Set background color and/or image for footer
- Optional to top button
- Custom footer copyright
- Set a color of links using a colorpicker
- Ability to use any Google Font for the font options
- Set a font for headings (h1, h2, etc)
- Set a font for general body text
- Optional font settings for article content area text (the actual post content). You can select color, a fontm font-size, font-style, text-align, font-weight, letter-spacing, line-height, text-decoration and text-transform. These options allow sites to tell their stories the way they want to.
- Option to “Load latin extended charset”: Some languages need these extra characters
- Option to “Cyrillic extended charset”: Some languages need these extra characters
A developer’s dream: Clean code and child-theme ready
Professional Support System (Can be provided in English or Spanish)Support is very important to me. I know what it is like to get bad customer service, which is why I will do my best to answer every single comment as quickly and best as I can. I have set up an exclusive support system at http://cubell.ticksy.com where you will be able to leave tickets to make suggestions, report bugs and problems with the theme.
Unfortunately, I am not able to provide individual customizations to customers (paid or otherwise), but depending on my existing workload I may still be able to at the very least, provide some basic advice about how to achieve whatever customization is sought after.
Suggestions for future updates?Please let me know of any features that may be missing, I will be looking to add more features in future updates, and hearing from users directly will help me decide which ones to add.
- Video embeds from YouTube and Vimeo are of Big Buck Bunny ((c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org)
- A couple of images used are from Unsplash and a special thank you to Forrest Cavale, Daniel Ruswick, Lacey Raper and Paula Borowska for sharing their beautiful photographs.
- Valendesigns: Option Tree
- Scott Robin’s Backstretch
- Ben Plum’s Boxer
06 August 2014 – Ness v 1.1
ADDED: Theme Options -> Menu: Option to add/remove search in main menu ADDED: Theme Options -> Menu: Option to use regular menu (regular menu / slide-in menu) BUGFIX: Full-screen image in-post embeds now resize appropriately when changing from landscape/portrait view on tablets BUGFIX: Typography: Post Body Text Option: When Selecting "Other Google Font" issue. BUGFIX: Parallax Featured Image Style Option - Down arrow above image wasn't working on landscape devices/small screens IMPROVEMENT: Disabled smooth scrolling when site viewed on Mac (Mac's native smooth scroll is already really good)
25 July 2014 – Ness v 1.0
- Initial Release